Breakwater Community Programs
Our Community Programs provide opportunities for parents and children to play, learn and grow together around the community. Want to experience a little taste of Breakwater? Come join in on activities that demonstrate our philosophy of learning and represent our core values.
Always open to the public. Always exceptional!
BREAKWATER IS.... MINDFUL.
Family Yoga & Movement
Breakwater has partnered with some of Portland's best yoga, movement and music teachers to offer a family inclusive program- Portland Family Yoga and Movement. All ages are welcome to join in the fun!
every Wednesday at 9am on the Breakwater campus:
● March 22: "Yogitos" Yoga with Cayce Lannon (Maine Yoga Kids)
● March 29: Stories, Songs and Free Play with Josephine Roberts (A Barefoot Education)
● April 5: Mindful Music Masters with Danielle Gorman (Holistic Yoga Therapy for the Whole Family)
● April 12: Making music and Movements with Stephanie Hayward Davis (stephanie davis Music Studio)
● April 26: "YOGITOS" YOGA WITH CAYCE LANNON (MAINE YOGA KIDS)
● May 3: Mindful Music Masters with Danielle Gorman (Holistic Yoga Therapy for the Whole Family)
● May 10: Making music and Movements with Stephanie Hayward Davis (stephanie davis music studio)
● May 17: Early Childhood Open Classrooms 9-10am & Yoga in the Garden from 10-11am (SPIRAL TREE YOGA)
● May 24: "Yogitos" Yoga with Cayce Lannon (Maine Yoga Kids)
BREAKWATER IS.... NATURE.
THURSDAYS IN THE FOREST
Experts agree - long, relaxed periods of outdoor play are necessary for the physical, social, and intellectual development of growing children, and their adults! Facilitator Alicia Amy guides discovery, exploration, and sensory experiences for children 0-6 while parents engage, connect and enjoy the outdoors supported by community.
On the following Thursdays from 10-12pm:
● April 27: Jessieland (Cumberland, Maine)
● May 11: Location TBA
● May 25: Jessieland (Cumberland, Maine)
● June 8: Location TBA
● June 22: Jessieland (cumberland, maine)
Cost: $8/Adult with one child | $12 Adult with up to 4 children | Email us for information on our first time free trail offer!
BREAKWATER IS.... CURIOSITY.
Pop-Up Curiosity Lab
The Week of the Young Child School Readiness Parade and Festival is an annual celebration of childhood! Join us at our pop-up Curiosity Lab for a variety of hands on tinkering, art and discovery making materials with which to interact.
● Saturday, April 22 from 10am-12pm (East end elementary SCHOOL gymNASIUM)
Cost: Free. And there'll be snacks!